Beginning with the Class of 2015, the Tennessee Promise will provide Tennessee high school graduates the opportunity to attend Southwest free of tuition and fees. Tennessee Promise is both a scholarship and mentoring program that will begin in the fall of 2015. It will provide students a last-dollar scholarship, meaning the scholarship will cover tuition and fees not covered by the Pell grant, the HOPE scholarship, or TSAA funds.
While removing the financial burden is key, a critical component of Tennessee Promise is the individual guidance each participant will receive from a mentor who will assist the student as he or she navigates the college admissions process.
- Apply to the Tennessee Promise program at www.tnpromise.gov/ by November 1.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 each year at www.fafsa.gov. If required, student must complete FAFSA verification before August 1.
- Attend all scheduled team meetings and a mandatory college orientation.
- Maintain at least twelve (12) credit hours per semester while enrolled at Southwest.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA).
- Complete at least eight (8) hours of community service each semester.
In order to participate in the program, students must meet several requirements and deadlines listed at http://tnpromise.gov/students.shtml.
Fulfill Your Tennessee Promise at Southwest. For more information, contact Recruitment at 901-333-4399.