New students must schedule an appointment for a New Student Orientation (NSO) session with Advising.
Continuing students, readmission students, or transient students who know the classes in which they desire to enroll may register via My.Southwest. In addition to registering for courses, students may perform the following functions through Student Self-Service:
- Add/drop courses
- View holds
- Print unofficial transcripts
- View/update your address information
- View grades
- View the College's online class listings (available course sections)
- View personal class schedule
- Check account balances
- Check financial aid status
- Pay fees (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover)
Well in advance of registration; meet with an academic advisor to select appropriate courses. While all students are strongly urged to seek academic advising, non-degree seeking students who are returning to Southwest are not required to see an advisor. You must resolve any holds prior to registering. To check your status, click on the Holds link. Please report to the appropriate department for hold resolution.
Note: New students must see an advisor prior to using Student Self-Service for the first time.
To Register Online:
- Login to My.Southwest
- Enter your Student username and password
- Click Login, and then click the option of your choice. To register for classes click the "Student Self-Service" icon which is on the left side of the page
- Click, "Student," then "Registration," then "Add or Drop Classes"
- Select the appropriate term
- To search for classes, click Class Search, then
- Search by subject - You may filter the search by location, class start time, or class end time
- Choose your class, and register by clicking Select, which is adjacent to the desired course, click Register
- To view your bill for the term, click the Registration Fee Assessment link
Special Note: You must meet prerequisites and/or corequisites to enroll in certain courses. An error message may appear, and you will not be enrolled if:
- You attempt to register for courses without having satisfied prerequisites (lower-level course(s) required prior to taking the desired course) or
- You attempt to register for courses without registering for the appropriate corequisites (course(s) required to be taken in conjunction with the desired course)
- The course is closed
- The time conflicts with another course
- You may not register to audit a course using Student Self-Service.
- After you have registered for all desired courses, check your schedule by selecting Student Detail Schedule to ensure that selected courses are at the time you wish and at the location you prefer.
- Print your schedule by selecting Student Detail Schedule
- Pay your fees online via MasterCard, Visa, or Discover, or in person at the Macon Cove or Union Avenue Campus.
Students who wish to take classes offered by the Honors Academy may register for Honors classes before actually being accepted into the program. Students are strongly encouraged to enroll for Honors classes early, as they often fill up quickly. Honors classes are especially suitable for students who have a 3.0 high school GPA, a 3.0 Southwest GPA (excluding developmental courses) or a 21 ACT score.
Honors classes will be posted in both Honors offices and included in the online class list each term. HONR 1110, Honors Inquiry, typically offered in the spring semester, is listed online under "Honors." It is a required course for the Honors diploma, unless the student is exempted by the director, and students should plan early to register for it in the spring semester. Other classes, such as English, history, music, political science, psychology, and sociology are listed by discipline.
For assistance with usernames or passwords, please call the Help Desk at 901-333-HELP (4357) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For your protection, Southwest's Student Self-Service site is a fully encrypted website. While we have taken these precautions to protect your records, no site is completely secure. We strongly urge you to always sign off when you finish using the system by clicking on the Exit Button. Should you sign in and choose not to use Student Self-Service, click the Log Off Button. Also, remember to close the Web browser.
Remember to check the registration website for information and updates.