Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event
With recent public shootings that have impacted our nation, Police Services/Public Safety would like to ensure that the campus community is prepared in case the unthinkable were ever to occur. To assist with this, please view the educational video "Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event."
How to Survive a Mass Shooting:
- Run if a safe path is available. Always try to escape or evacuate, even if others insist on staying.
- Encourage others to leave with you, but don't let the indecision of others slow down your own effort to escape.
- Once you are out of the line of fire, try to prevent others from walking into the danger zone and call 911.
- If you can't get out safely, find a place to hide.
- When hiding, turn out lights, remember to lock doors and silence your ringer and vibration mode on your cell phone.
- As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight.