Vehicle Registration and Bicycles

How to get your parking decal

  1. Log into your My.Southwest home page.
  2. Locate the Parking Decal icon in the top right of the screen.
  3. Click the Parking Decal icon and completely fill out the form.
  4. If you currently have a parking permit, select ‘Renew,’ or if this is your first parking permit, select ‘New’.
  5. If you need a handicap validation sticker, upload the applicable documents.
  6. Sign electronically and click ‘Submit’.

Your decal will be mailed to the address on file in 7-10 business days. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Police Services and Public Safety at:

Vehicle Registration

  • Students and employees eligible to operate vehicles on campus or designated center sites of the College must register their vehicles in the Police Services/Public Safety Department.
  • Any individual who obtains vehicle registration by misrepresentation will be subject to disciplinary and/or administrative action.
  • Employee parking permits will be issued to employees each year for a campus access fee of $30 per year.
  • Students and employees having a bona fide disability (permanent or temporary) must register their vehicle with the Campus Police Office.
  • Visitors may obtain a guest parking permit from the sponsor of the activity in which they are involved. Regular visitors may obtain a temporary permit from the Campus Police Office. Visitors must adhere to all College parking regulations. Visitor's violations will be charged to the visitor and/or the person who authorized the permit. The visitor/guest permit must be displayed by hanging from the rearview mirror.
  • To be considered properly registered, a vehicle must have a College parking permit displayed as follows:
    • Cars, trucks, vans – The permit must be displayed by hanging from the rearview mirror with the printed information visible through the windsheild.
    • Motorcycles and motorbikes – The permit will be permanently affixed to the windshield, headlamp, or gas tank in a position where it is readily visible.
    • Non-registered vehicles are not permitted to park in any College parking facility unless a temporary permit is obtained in accordance with section above.


  • Bicycles need not be registered.
  • Bicycle riding is considered regular traffic.
  • Bicycle riding is not allowed on campus sidewalks or grounds.
  • Bicycles shall be parked in designated areas.
  • Bicycles are not permitted inside any College building.

Police Services/Public Safety Contact Information

Campuses and Centers Phone Building/Room
Macon Cove 901-333-4242 Farris Building/Room 1107
Maxine A. Smith 901-333-6005 Room 112
Whitehaven 901-333-6450 Room 101
Union Avenue 901-333-5555 Parrish Building/Room 107