Phone: 901-333-4207 | Fax: 901-333-4519
Ralph Chumbley, Executive Director
The Business-Education Collaboratives Department develops and manages partnerships, fosters educational reform initiatives, and develops and manages community-based programs. It provides educational opportunities and services to the community and its stakeholders.
The Partnership for Preparing a Regional Workforce
The Partnership for Preparing a Regional Workforce (The Partnership) is a consortium of businesses, schools and community organizations led by the College. It includes more than 400 businesses, 10 colleges and universities in southwest Tennessee, three public K-12 systems serving more than 160,000 students (Memphis City Schools, Shelby County Schools, and Fayette County Schools), seven private K-12 schools, and 44 community-based organizations.
The Partnership strives to develop collaborative, public-private, business-driven partnerships around targeted career clusters and industry economies that:
- create educational opportunities that value the needs of all students and adult learners in the workplace
- prepare all students and adult learners with both high academic and technical levels of achievement and performance
- help all citizens to secure meaningful lifelong career opportunities
The Partnership supports five major initiatives:
- Connecting education and the workplace for students, educators, businesses and community stakeholders
- Providing career awareness, exploration and experience for students
- Facilitating curriculum enhancement and reform
- Supporting school reform (e.g. thematic schools, institutes, quality-in-education initiatives and centers of excellence)
- Providing professional development opportunities for teachers, counselors, administrators and educational professionals
For additional information on The Partnership, call 901-333-4214 or email email@example.com.