M.O.S.T. - Men of Southwest Tennessee
M.O.S.T. Scholarship Application Form (PDF) [Size: 208 KB], requires Adobe Reader (opens new window). Upon completeing the form, please fill it out and return it to the M.O.S.T. office in the C Building, Room 204 on the Union Avenue Campus.
The Project M.O.S.T. program is grant-funded through the U.S. Department of Education's Predominantly Black Institutions (PBI) initiative and is designed to give preference and assistance to first-year African-American male students.
National studies reveal that statistically, college success rates among African-American male students are much lower than those of other ethnic groups and/or gender groups. Our country can't be satisfied with this statistic and think that it will continue to be competitive globally.
Every segment of the society must be prepared to make positive contributions toward establishing and maintaining a workforce that excels in terms of knowledge and quality output. To aid in this accomplishment, the M.O.S.T. program offers an excellent opportunity for our African-American male students to participate in a dynamic experience whereby they are supported through the following:
- A thorough battery of academic, career-interest, and barrier identification assessments
- Intensive case management services
- Monthly stipends
- Learning-support services
- Learning cohort support services
- Leadership training
The articles indicated below are related to the Project M.O.S.T. program.
- Southwest Salutes the "Men in Black" (February 25, 2015)
- Southwest's 2014 Faculty and Staff Awards Review (June 2, 2014)
- Project M.O.S.T. Celebrates Student Success (February 17, 2014)
- Project M.O.S.T. Reaches First Year Anniversary with New Staff and Steady Progress (May 20, 2013)
- Southwest Now Magazine Fall/Winter 2012, The TBR Vice-Chair Addresses Project M.O.S.T. (PDF) [Size: 130 KB], requires Adobe Reader (opens new window)
- Project M.O.S.T. Moves Forward During Summer Sessions (July 24, 2012)
- Project M.O.S.T. Offices Are Now Open (June 18, 2012)
Keep abreast of all of the upcoming events — check out the Student Events Calendar, digital monitors located around the college and like us on the M.O.S.T. Facebook (opens new window) page or the College Facebook (opens new window) page.