The Dual Enrollment Program provides students the opportunity to obtain a "jump start" on a college career. Students can accumulate college credit while also earning the high school credit necessary for graduation. Dual enrollment is a convenient and cost-effective way for high school students to transition into college.
- College Campus Based Classes, take classes at one of the various Southwest locations.
- High School Based Classes, take classes at your high school. Southwest has partner agreements with various area high schools who offer college courses at the high school.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Enriches the course opportunities for outstanding high school students
- Shortens the time to attain a college degree
- Saves students and parents money
- Provides students with college credit
- Earns grades which will become part of the student's permanent college transcript
Potential TSAC amounts
No awards are ever guaranteed. These amounts are potential awards and not guaranteed. Each semester students must meet the requirements outlined for campus-based, high-school based, or parent-teacher dual enrollment.
- Up to $500 – Course #1
- Up to $500 – Course #2
- Up to $200 – Course #3
- No award – Course #4
- Up to $100 per credit hour – Course #5
- Up to $100 per credit hour – Course #6
- Up to $100 per credit hour – Course #7
- Up to $100 per credit hour – Course #8