This checklist is used by prospective students who have a GED or high school diploma and have never attended college anywhere before. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a NEW SALUQI.
- Please view the Ways to Prove Citizenship/Eligibility for additional information.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
Setting this account also creates your email (example: email@example.com). For assistance accessing your email account, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
- Request an "Official" copy of your high school, General Educational Development (GED), or High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) transcript and all previously attended college transcripts be sent to:
Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Certificate of Immunization Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form (PDF) [Size: 120 KB], requires Adobe Reader (opens new window)
- Immunizations Required Under Tennessee State Law
- Complete a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid." Southwest's school code is 010439
- For more information contact Financial Aid
- Submit your official test scores from ACT (American College Test), SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) within the last five  years or transferrable college credit(s) earned at another institution via an official transcript(s). If neither of the above items are available, then you will need to schedule the ACT Residual or ACCUPLACER® placement test through Testing.
- Complete the online New Student Orientation (NSO)
- Advising is required for all new students
- For more information contact Advising
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
Announcement: The Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) and Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) are now known as TN eCampus (opens new window).
- TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus (opens new window) or TN eCampus bookstore (opens new window) for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: February 10, 2017