The mission of the Dietetic Technician Program is to prepare its graduates for career entry into the Dietetic profession by training competent graduates to facilitate the nutrition care process and manage food delivery systems for patient care. The program addresses educational needs of students, employers and communities in Shelby and Fayette Counties and the surrounding Mid-South regions as well as providing instruction in nutrition for other academic disciplines at Southwest Tennessee Community College.
Program Goals and Outcome Measures
In order to fulfill the Program Mission, the following have been established as Program Goals and Outcome Measures.
The Dietetic Technician Program will prepare graduates for career entry into the Dietetic profession by training competent graduates to facilitate the nutrition care process and manage food delivery systems for patient care.
- The program will have an 80 percent pass rate on the departmental exit exam over a five year period.
- Graduates over a five year period will average an 80 percent pass rate for first time takers on the Dietetic Technician Registration exam.
- Over a five year period, 90 percent or more of Dietetic Technician Program graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within three months of program completion.
- 80 percent of employers surveyed will be satisfied with the graduates of the Dietetic Technician Program.
The number of students completing the Dietetic Technician program will be increased through recruitment, retention efforts, advising and mentoring students.
- The program will graduate 75 percent of the students accepted into the program with in five years.
- The program will recruit 50 percent of the maximum number of students accepted annually.
The program will continue to integrate the latest technology into the curriculum to enhance student learning.
- Every five years 50 percent of the computers in the student computer lab will be upgraded.
- 80 percent of nutrition classrooms will utilize latest technology for classroom learning.
The program will pursue educational collaborates with high schools, colleges and universities to meet the educational needs of our students.
- The Dietetic Technician Program will secure one collaborative agreement with an institution in the mid south region for Dietetic Technician graduates to pursue additional education.
- The program will offer the option of dual enrollment for at least one class.