Student Complaint Form
Southwest is committed to a policy of fair treatment of its students in their relationships with fellow students, faculty, staff and administration. Students are encouraged to seek an informal resolution of the matter directly with the faculty or individual(s) involved when possible. For matters where a resolution is not feasible, a student can submit a Student Complaint Form.
Complaints can be submitted immediately or within one year of the incident. A student can expect resolution of the complaint within thirty days.
A student who believes their rights have been denied may seek resolution in the following manner:
- Step 1: Complete/submit a Student Complaint Form to Advising and Counseling.
- Step 2: Advising and Counseling will log in the complaint, send an email to the student to acknowledge receipt, and forward the complaint to the appropriate administrator within five (5) business days of receipt of the complaint.
- Step 3: Upon receipt of the complaint, the appropriate administrator will review the complaint and determine what additional information is necessary to resolve the problem.
- Step 4: After considering the complaint and related information, the administrator makes a decision as to the merits of the student's complaint and notifies the student by email as to the resolution within thirty (30) days of the filing of the complaint.
Note: The Student Complaint Form requires your Southwest Student Identification (ID) number. If you do not know this number please login to My.Southwest. Locate and select the Self-Service icon which is shown under the Quick Launch heading (left side of screen). Using the Search textbox, enter Student ID. Select the Southwest Student ID ~ Lookup link and view your Southwest Student ID number.
The Student Complaint Form can be obtained/submitted:
- Complete the online Student Complaint Form.
- All supporting documentation must be attached before completing the submission process.
- Print and complete the Student Complaint Form (Adobe PDF, requires Adobe Reader). Sign and return to Advising and Counseling. Remember to include all supporting documentation.
- The Student Complaint Form can be obtained from Advising and Counseling on the Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, room 2140 or the Union Avenue Campus, M Building, room 110.
Students who feel another review is necessary must respond by email to the administrator's email within five (5) business days, requesting the complaint be forwarded to a higher level administrator. The complaint and supporting documentation will be forwarded to an appropriate higher level administrator within five (5) business days. A higher level administrator will review the complaint and inform the student of a decision by email within five (5) business days.
TBR Program Integrity Student Complaint Form Students or prospective students who wish to file a complaint related to accreditation or regarding violations of state law not resolved at the institution may submit a Student Complaint Form to the Tennessee Board of Regents at 1415 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 340, Nashville Tennessee 37217, or by going on line and filling out the electronic form. Under Tennessee's open records law, all or parts of complaints will generally be available for review upon request from a member of the public.
Complaints regarding accreditation can also be made by contacting the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Southwest Tennessee Community College.
Complaints of fraud, waste or abuse may be made by email, or by calling the Tennessee Comptroller's Hotline for Fraud, Waste and Abuse at 1-800-232-5454.