In addition to traditional, face-to-face tutoring, the Academic Support Center offers online tutoring to all Southwest students. This service provides students an additional avenue for tutoring math and writing, including literature, reading, and Spanish.
In order to receive online tutoring, students must complete the following steps.
Step 1: Sign into PAWS.
Step 2: In the upper-right corner, under "Self-Registration Courses," click the blue "self-register" link and wait for the next webpage to load.
Step 3: When the webpage loads, click one or both of the following to be enrolled in online tutoring.
- ASC Math Online Tutoring
- ASC Writing, Literature, Reading, and Spanish Online Tutoring
Step 4: You are now able to receive online tutoring.
Online tutoring is currently available for the following courses in Mathematics:
- MATH 0100 Support Course for Essentials of Algebra
- MATH 0410 Support Course for Math for Elementary Education I
- MATH 0530 Support Course for Probability and Statistics
- MATH 0630 Support Course for Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1000 Essentials of Algebra
- MATH 1410 Math for Elementary Education I
- MATH 1420 Math for Elementary Education II
- MATH 1530 Probability and Statistics
- MATH 1630 Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1710 Pre-Calculus I
- MATH 1720 Pre-Calculus II
- MATH 1830 Calculus
- MATH 1910 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
Online tutoring is currently available for all courses in Writing, Literature, Reading, and Spanish.
General information about tutoring and how to best use this service can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. If you need further information about Online Tutoring, call 901-333-4107 (Macon Cove Campus) or 901-333-5054 (Union Avenue Campus).